More ranks...?

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
So we've got VIP after X00 amount of posts. There should be a few more! I think it would just be fun to have a few more ranks based on post count.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Like after VIP, you go 100 or 200 posts and become like... a "Master Member" and then after that, "Artisan Member". I don't know. Sounds fun. :D

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes and with different colours in each grade :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Perhaps one day there can be some extra post level incentives, but for now the VIP level is meant to be the top tier of posting - you and a few others got in early when the bar was set to 200 posts (it's a little higher now). ;)

I can add new "ranks" easily enough though like the ones we already have that Clifford mentioned "New Member, Member, Established Member" - although these can be changed at the VIP level in the user CP if you want.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is a joke, before I go further!
On another site I frequent, there is a "Super Moderator". The joke is that there does not appear to be a "Moderator". Questions about it do not get a response??

But seriously, as the site gets busier, maybe a lighter class of Moderator, with restricted operations. ( Cannot actually delete a post, for example?)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What is the difference between a moderator and a super moderator? I noticed there are no regular moderators here, since Clifford moved up. There is only one noticeable difference that I've seen, the moderator has a lot more posts than the super ones do. Is that sort of like when I worked, I was an operations manager directly over 10 employees, yet I reported to the director of sales, who was over 12 operation managers and 140 employees? He more or less let us run each distribution center, but came by once a week and stepped in only as needed.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
How many posts to become an Extremerator? I don't do anything in moderation :p

Reaction score
If the lighter moderator could not delete a post what powers would he have?
I moderate on a couple of car forums and I've wished to have more fine control over posts then just deleting or banning a user.
I'd like to be able to lock or unlock a forum and have various "sentancing" (for want of a better word) options when banning someone.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I dug up a very old post Mychael so if you are asking about something above please realize this is 6 months old.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't have any knowledge of forum software but in chatroom bots the controls of what levels and powers come with each level are predefined. (Years ago I ran a mirc help channel and I also sysopped on chatnet until the Pensacola server shut down)

It seems to me editing/moving/locking threads would be a moderator level and banning a user would be higher like super moderator but as I said it is a guess.

As for how long a ban lasts, in a chat bot this was an additional parameter you would add to the ban command, specified in minutes, so if I used value of 1440 it was 24 hours and no parameter meant permanent. In a chat bot there are help options of how to use the command, there may be some such help for you in your moderator options.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First class VIP, Second class VIP, Third class VIP
First class Master, and so on

Three classes for each
After all the Members have three classes - New Member, Member, Established Member
I had no idea that I had graduated from New Member to Member until I read your post.:D

Ask a Question