More Problems

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive posted here before about my sleep/hibernate problem and the problem has evolved somewhat. When I put my laptop to sleep and close it, then later open it and try to wake it up it wont wake. The power button just keeps flashing. Even when I push or hold down the power button just keeps flashing and wont wake up. The only thing that works is taking the battery out to kill the power then restart it. It has been suggested before to download a BIOS update from my manufacturers website but there is no update available for my computer with w7 (that I could find anyway). Does anyone have any ideas or a link to an update that I just couldnt find?

I have: HP Pavillion dv9700 (came with windows vista but I did the w7 upgrade while back)

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
There are 76 submodels of the DV9700 notebook.

There are BIOS updates available for them, depending on the submodel you have.

Here's an example:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...0&product=3636841&sw_lang=&key=null&site=null

Description:
This package contains the WinFlash utility and a System BIOS image for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The WinFlash utility is used to locally flash the System BIOS (ROM) on notebooks operating in a Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System environment. Details and specifications

File name:
sp48024.exe [1/1, 3.11M]
System requirements:
Operating Systems
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Edition

Released:
2010-04-05 BIOS Version:
F.5A

Reaction score
Thanks for lookin that up man. But can I download that because my OS isnt listed....my dv9700 came with vista but I upgraded to w7. Would it still work or would I just screw shit up?

Reaction score
A BIOS update is OS-agnostic, meaning that it probably wouldn't harm a thing.

Ask a Question