SOLVED Missing nengine.DLL

Reaction score
When I turned on the computer, it took a long time to open and I got the following error message: Missing c:\users\ken\appdata\roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll

How do I restore this? Can I download the missing DLL from the Internet?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Is something not working? Or is it just a message that pops up?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It sounds like you installed the malware newnext.me. Based on what I found in search, it slips ads in your browser etc. Possibly your anti-virus software or an uninstall wiped out that DLL; either way you do NOT want it back but you can clean up your start-up so you stop getting the error.

You probably installed a browser add-in, maybe even the conduit crap. You will need to uninstall the program(s), clean your browsers of any add-ins it included, and fix your start-up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was very slow in starting up and then I got the error message. I ran Malwarebytes and deleted all the problem files it identified and it seems to be working o.k. now.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sounds good, but may I suggest that you download and run Microsoft Defender. It will create a CD / DVD / USB that you can boot of, then it scans your computer.

Ask a Question