Middle mouse button not working

Reaction score
So, all of a sudden today, my scrollwheel button doesn't work. I can still scroll, but clicking on the scrollwheel and getting to scroll fast in my browser doesn't.

Help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The center mouse button feature is controlled by the mouse driver/software, not standard to W7, so you would have to look in control panel > mouse to see what you have assigned the center mouse button is assigned to do.

What is the make/model of mouse you use?

Reaction score
The center mouse button feature is controlled by the mouse driver/software, not standard to W7, so you would have to look in control panel > mouse to see what you have assigned the center mouse button is assigned to do.

What is the make/model of mouse you use?
My mouse is the Logitech M310

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You could go to control panel > programs and features and look for "setpoint" or "flowscroll". I personally have never seen Flowscroll and I can't find out much about it. I was just hoping to check if you have the most current version.

Both should install options into the mouse control settings. So I think what you need to do is go through all the control panel > mouse options and take screenshots of the different tabs. We have to find where the middle button is assigned a function.

Reaction score
You could go to control panel > programs and features and look for "setpoint" or "flowscroll". I personally have never seen Flowscroll and I can't find out much about it. I was just hoping to check if you have the most current version.

Both should install options into the mouse control settings. So I think what you need to do is go through all the control panel > mouse options and take screenshots of the different tabs. We have to find where the middle button is assigned a function.
None showed up on the Programs and Features. I remember when installing my mouse I just put the USB in, then Windows did it's thing and I started using it.

Which tab should I screenshot, the Hardware tab, the Wheel tab, the Buttons tab?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So then you are probably using default W7 drivers. Wheel tab and buttons tab would be nice. When you screenshot buttons tab please make sure center button is selected.

Reaction score
I found myself in a similar situation. To get the middle button to double-click, I installed X-Mouse Button Control.

X-Mouse Button Control is a Windows application to remap your mouse buttons and expand the capabilities of your mouse!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The Setpoint or Flowscroll software developed by Logitech and specifically designed to support mice including the M310 would be my first recommendation to try if additional software seems warranted. But if I understand correctly it used to work perfectly fine and then suddenly stopped. I am hoping it is something as simple as a setting that was changed.

Reaction score
I still use a Kensington PilotMouse Optical, but lost its software some time ago. It appears that Kensington does not even admit the mouse ever existed, so I had to settle for getting some features with that X-Button software. The MouseWorks software that I lost did all sorts of wonderful things, like button 'chording' commands and popup menus.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC: Mouseworks software can be found on the web but it's support stopped with XP so it might work with 32-bit W7 but you are probably stuck with default W7 drivers and your third-party software. I have a similar situation with the trackball I have used for at least 15 years. No new trackballs look & feel the same; a three-button trackball should be used with three fingers, all the new ones are designed for two finger use.

So Jina, what is the status? Did you find the center mouse control settings?

Reaction score
I installed SetPoint but still no efect. there is no press action for the middle button, scroll there is

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Karol it depends on the particular mouse you have.

Setpoint may or may not be written for your particular mouse + Win 7 version, or it may only have a generic mode for your device that doesn't support all the original features.

You would need a different driver or a software program that simulates the desired middle button option or do w/o the feature, or you may need to buy a newer mouse/tracball that is compatible with your current OS.

Ask a Question