SOLVED Message could not be sent - not enough memory

Reaction score
I am using Windows Live Mail trying to send a video. My husband bought me a small video camera specifically so I could e-mail videos to family members. Every time I try to send something, I get the message from Windows Live Mail: "The message could not be sent. There is not enough memory". What does memory have to to do with e-mail. Could someone please help me with this issue. Thank you your time.

Reaction score
How big is the attachment? Generally speaking, there are limits to the size of attachments whether it be a picture or video. You would need to check with your ISP and your email client.

Reaction score
I am not tech savy at all but it shows the attachment as: 14.08.02 avi (247 mb) whatever that means. In other others your saying I need to contact Windows Live Mail Tech Support?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
247 MB is a very large email attachment.

I'm only aloud 100 MB in my entire RoadRunner inbox so if you were sending that to me, it would be refused. There are some mail accounts that are virtually unlimited. But I think the problem is on your end with your email account. Windows Live Mail is not your email account, it's a program that handles your account. Your email address is "your (e-mail address removed)" It's the @????.com that you need to talk to.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What you might want to do is upload videos like that to Youtube and just mark them Private. Then in an email all you do is send the Youtube URL that is assigned to your clip. This is also more efficient because if you send it in multiple emails to multiple people it only has to be uploaded once.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You may have to break the video down into smaller packets using a compression program such as WinZIP or WinRAR. These can take the full video file and break it into smaller packets sized to send in an email. However you would have to send several email to accomplish this.

For example your video is 247 MB in size. The compression program could break that into say 10 packets of 25 MB each, then you would send 10 emails to accomplish this.

You could also upload the entire file to a site such as MediaFire which hosts large data files for it's member users. Then direct the person(s) you want to download that video to the URL of the location where the file is stored.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
And the problem is while your ISP may allow you to email such a large attachments, there could be points along the way, especially at the destination, that does NOT allow such large email attachments.

Microsoft's SkyDrive would work for this too.

Reaction score
Skydrive

I downloaded Skydrive, but cannot figure out how it works. I put my videos on the Skydrive folder, but cannot figure out how to send out the videos to family members. Can you help me? Thanks.

Reaction score
download skydrive

Okay I downloaded it. It imported files, including my videos. I go up to Share With and my options are: nobody, homegroup (read), homegroup (read/write). I must be doing something wrong and since I'm not real tech savy I think I am stuck. If I right-click on the video I do get the option for Mail Recipient, but then once I try emailing it's too large which I now understand I can't send these by email. I don't get an option on the toolbar that says 'Share" just Share With..." Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thank you again for your support and promt reply.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Maybe this Youtube video will help?
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]5cpvANOKytw[/MEDIA]"]Sharing Files in SkyDrive - YouTube[/ame]

Reaction score
sky drive is like for storage, i use windows live via hotmail. there is a certain amount you can email. i got same error as you did once, i had to edit it/ break it down.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
sky drive is like for storage
That you can share! That others (who you choose) can use (and view) too.

Reaction score
Still can't use

Sorry I still don't get it. I looked at the Youtube video and the link for Skydrive and I still don't get it. I downloaded Skydrive and I was able to put my videos in it, but I still can't figure out how to get it out to others. The Youtube shows using Gmail which I don't have and the other link talks about using Windows Live Mail which is what I use (hotmail). But when I go to my Windows Live Mail there is nothing on the toolbar showing Skydrive. There are no options on Skydrive other than what I stated on my previous post. I took a screen shot and pasted it into Word and tried to download it here, but it says it is an invalid file. I am so disgusted with trying to use this program. I know those of you who are tech savy it is no big deal, but to me it is very frustrating. Thanks for all of your help.

Reaction score
Internet

Okay I finally figured out that I have to actually go to Windows Live Skydrive on the internet and actually log in, which I did. It downloaded all of my files, including my video, but I STILL do not understand how to get it to people. I downloaded the Windows Guide for Skydrive and it talks about uploading a file folder, storing, retrieving, etc. and I understand I can access it now from anywhere, but it STILL does not tell me how to share it with someone.

Reaction score
got it!

To everyone who has answered my questions I thank you. I finally got the Skydrive page everyone has been talking about - saw the Share link, etc. and have sent my videos to my family. Big thanks again for everyone trying to help!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sorry I have not replied earlier - life gets in the way some times, but I am glad you got is sorted out and thanks for posting the followup posts. That will surely help the next reader with similar problems.

Ask a Question