SOLVED Malwarebytes

Reaction score
I am using the new Malwarebytes but It doesn't find a well known malware known as registry helper, people say it's the best but if it doesn't find Registry helper it can't be that good.

Reaction score
How do you know that?
Hi, I know because everytime I start my pc I get a message saying that Registry helper didnt start properly and tries to get me to restart my pc. I went to a website and asked about Registry helper and was advised to download Malwarebytes

Shintaro

Reaction score
So when you ran MalwareBytes did you update the Database prior to scanning?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you tried running MalwareBytes in Safe Mode.
You could download and run Windows Defender Offline. It will create a CD / DVD / USB and will boot and scan your hard drive offline.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Cheers mate, just let us know how you get on. If you can't remove it I know where you can go for help on specific virus/malware removal.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just because Malwarebytes removes a threat does not mean it cleans up your startup. It is quite possible that the reason you get the "error message" is because malwarebytes deleted a nasty program and so now at startup that program is nowhere to be found.

Use MSConfig.exe to disable programs that should no longer be attempted on startup. Or, even more convenient, if you have CCleaner, use Tools > Startup > Windows and disable its' startup; after a reboot, once you are certain you disabled the right application call, you can return to CCleaner startup and delete it completely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just because Malwarebytes removes a threat does not mean it cleans up your startup. It is quite possible that the reason you get the "error message" is because malwarebytes deleted a nasty program and so now at startup that program is nowhere to be found.

Use MSConfig.exe to disable programs that should no longer be attempted on startup. Or, even more convenient, if you have CCleaner, use Tools > Startup > Windows and disable its' startup; after a reboot, once you are certain you disabled the right application call, you can return to CCleaner startup and delete it completely.
Hey TrainableMan thanks for the tip I do have CCleaner and have disabled the startup and it works, thanks for everyones help your awesome :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. I will go ahead and mark this as solved but if the problem should return you can always open it again.

Ask a Question