BSOD after installing Malwarebytes 1.50 beta

Reaction score
TorrentG I just unistalled Malwarebytes 1.46 with Revo-Uninstaller Pro and rebooted my computer. Ithen installed Malwarebytes 1.50 beta and restarted my computer after it updated it's definitions. I started running a full scan with it and it BSOD during the scan. Here's the minidump for it.

Attachments

Reaction score
Your drivers seem fine. Post a screen shot of the memory tab and also of the spd tab, of CPU-Z.

Which motherboard do you have?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're welcome. I would go in the bios and Load the Optimized Defaults. Then save.

The memory is slightly off from what it should be set at.

Reaction score
Will do

Will do. The only thing I ever changed in the bios on this pc, was disabling the floppy drive, as this computer doesn't have one. I'll copy those numbers from CPUz and make sure that's how the bios has them.
You're welcome. I would go in the bios and Load the Optimized Defaults. Then save.

The memory is slightly off from what it should be set at.

Reaction score
Can't find where to change in bios

Just poked around in the bios and I couldn't figure it out. It's in the MIT section of my bios, but the only setting I saw that could be changed is the DRAM Frequency which is already at 400 mhz. the only other option for it is 333 mhz. or 533 mhz. The timing are listed at the bottom, but the bios wouldn't allow me to even highlight them I even tried enabling things at the top part of the menu and it still wouldn't give me access to the timings. Here's a screenshot from SIW 2010 of the brand and version of my bios. ECS A790GXM-A V1.0 motherboard.
Right. 5-5-5-18-23

And which motherboard do you have?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
New CPU-z screenshots

I think I got it now. The motherboard is a ECS A790GXM-A v1.0. The M.I.T. 2 settings in the bios anything to do with ram is in completely different wording than what CPU-z uses. I changed all clock settings from Auto to 5 Clocks and the other settings I changed were the numbers in the CPU-z speed section. I think I got it right, but here are 2 more screenshots of CPU-z so I can make sure. I know ECS has a update for the bios. I've already downloaded that. I'm waiting until I get a fan controller, before I flash it to the new one. It only updates it to use the 6-cre cpu's.
Right. 5-5-5-18-23

And which motherboard do you have?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
3 more BSOD's

I had 3 more BSOD's. 2 were before my last post and one was after it. It was also after MSE did it's daily scan and while I was logged onto this forum.
I think I got it now. The motherboard is a ECS A790GXM-A v1.0. The M.I.T. 2 settings in the bios anything to do with ram is in completely different wording than what CPU-z uses. I changed all clock settings from Auto to 5 Clocks and the other settings I changed were the numbers in the CPU-z speed section. I think I got it right, but here are 2 more screenshots of CPU-z so I can make sure. I know ECS has a update for the bios. I've already downloaded that. I'm waiting until I get a fan controller, before I flash it to the new one. It only updates it to use the 6-cre cpu's.

Attachments

Reaction score
Remove all external drives, USB sticks and discs. Then run this command for each drive letter on the system that is on a hard drive, changing C each time to match -

chkdsk /r C:

Keep the external drives and sticks, if any, off of the machine until this is completely sorted.

Reaction score
I believe I fixd it in the Bios

I believe I fixed it in the bios after I posted. I restarted and went back to the MIT 2 section of the memory. There was a weird item in there that has eith Automatic or or two different sets of the same numbers. The motherboards defauit settings had the top number picked. Something told me to set it to Automatic and give it a shot running Malwarebytes again. It ran without any problems. Then when I ran Windows Update it listed my AMD Display driver. I have the 10.10 drivers already, so I ran Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode to remove them and restarted. I then ran Ccleaners registry scanner and let it remove what was probably left over from the display driver. Rebooted and reinstalled the 10.10 driver. The RAID driver, do I need it ? I'm not running any RAID arrays. That's why I never installed it. I figured I only needed it, if I was using RAID.
Also install this from your motherboard site:

AMD RAIDXpert Software

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...goryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=20&LanID=9

Reaction score
No, leave it off for now. Sometimes they label the driver as RAID even though it still controls the regular storage port.

Anyhow, hopefully it's all fixed. Seems like you've done well.

Good luck with continued success.

Reaction score
Thanks TorrentG

Thanks TorrentG.
No, leave it off for now. Sometimes they label the driver as RAID even though it still controls the regular storage port.

Anyhow, hopefully it's all fixed. Seems like you've done well.

Good luck with continued success.

Reaction score
Solved

Case Solved.
TorrentG I just unistalled Malwarebytes 1.46 with Revo-Uninstaller Pro and rebooted my computer. Ithen installed Malwarebytes 1.50 beta and restarted my computer after it updated it's definitions. I started running a full scan with it and it BSOD during the scan. Here's the minidump for it.

Ask a Question