SOLVED Malwarebytes' Context Menu Entry v War and Peace

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I've tried to count the letters in the Malwarebytes' context menu entry on more than one occasion but I always lose count!!

I mean, just look at it!!

There's less wordage in War and Peace!! I've suggested to Malwarebytes Corp. that they should maybe add the version number and the developers names just to make my context menu even wider as I can still see some screen.
I'm awaiting further developments :flute:. This is my only downer with this software program.

But there's a way round it.

First disable/un-tick the "Create right click context menu" option under the Malwarebytes' GUI Settings tab. But now you've lost the option to quickly access the Mbam scanner :(. Not quite!!

Create a shortcut that points to Mbam.exe, the default path is (on my PC) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe". Then drop the shortcut in your SendTo folder which defaults at "C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo" and name the shortcut whatever you want. And there you go, easy access to the Malwarebytes' scanner once again but with the ability to still see the rest of your screen. To "pin" it to the top of your SendTo list, when naming the shortcut, make the first character a "blank" character by holding down alter (Alt) and keying in 0160. Or replace the 'S' with a '5', or call it 'AAA scan' or... What The Heck! It's up to you!
This little work around sadly doesn't work with every type of execuable but luckily it does with this one.

So much neater don't you think?? And now I've looked at this bottom image I've realised I need to delete a couple of things in my own SendTo list!!
Hey Ho! :rolleyes: So little time, so many wabbits ;).

About the NOD32 context entry. I opened up the ESET shellEXT.dll file with ResHacker 3.5.2 and replaced every entry of "%ProductName%" in the string tables with "NOD32"

Last edited:

Ask a Question