Customizing Context Menus

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a problem with my context menu; as I add more programs, more and more items are added to the menu... Thing is, I tend to use these various menus but I cant stand seeing it so long and tedious.

I was wondering if there was a program like MMM+ (http://hace-software.com/mmm-plus.shtml) wherein you can organize various context menus into sub-menus to make the context menu look "cleaner" and simpler? The MMM+ doesnt work on Win7 x64 that's why I'm looking for an alternative...

I tried ShellMenuView and ShellExView and it doesnt provide the option I was looking for.. :huh:

I hope you guys can help me on this its kinda annoying now...

Attachments

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
ShellMenuView and ShellExView will help you to "permanently" hide them. If you don't want to see them all the time but still have their use, you can always move them to the extended context menu (you know, where you hold down shift before right clicking).

Obviously you're going to have to find the registry keys you need to move. Then you just add an "extended" entry.

Not Moved:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Copy File Name]
"Icon"="E:\\ICONS\\System Context\\Edit.ico"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Copy File Name\Command]
@="\"C:\\Windows\\Copy\\arg2cp.exe\" \"%1\""
Moved:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Copy File Name]
"Icon"="E:\\ICONS\\System Context\\Edit.ico"
[COLOR=Red][B]"Extended"=""[/B][/COLOR]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Copy File Name\Command]
@="\"C:\\Windows\\Copy\\arg2cp.exe\" \"%1\""
Not Moved:

Moved:

HTH.

If you need any more help/info...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for that reply, yeah I thought about just extending them so keep them hidden but I was opting for a sub-menu style you know where I can group say Kaspersky and SuperAntiSpyware in a sub-menu called "Virus Scanners"... I just thought it was possible since MMM+ has that nifty functionality....

Reaction score
After some more interwebs search, I came up w/ a program similar to what I was looking for but not exactly the functionality I was hoping. But nonetheless its a very excellent program w/ tons of other useful features. For those who are intersted, you can take a look at the website and d/l the program and give it a go

Moo0 RightClicker / Pro - Enhance Your Context Menu

Very ingenious little program with tons of useful features and customization as well.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Pretty expensive tool for not doing exactly what you wanted. Personally I would go with Elmer's idea before I would fork out $26.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It's easy enough to go into the registry and delete the keys/entries that programs have added upon their install. They are basically just like shortcuts, they don't really harm anything if you have them there or not.

Ask a Question