SOLVED Malware destroyed my 7 Pro install (notebook)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Not tried Safari ... dont think I will now - thanks for the info Cat :top:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I've not used the widgets. What do the widgets do? I might need to start using them too. :)

The thing that I don't understand is I have Opera Pinned to Taskbar and when I right click for options, the links don't work. The frequent and speed dial does absolutely nothing when clicked. If they would work I would pin a few links so they would always be there. I had gotten used to using those links with IE8 but for some reason they don't work with Opera.
The widgets are sort of like gadgets in Windows. I was really just trying to figure out how to install add-ons to Opera, but now I'm not sure those even exist.

Speed Dial works fine for me. Maybe try reinstalling?

Reaction score
I know that. But they give the impression that Safe Search makes you safer on the net, and by default, my searches were routed through Google. There may have been other options, but I went with the default one.

Honestly, I know very little about Safari, other than my 15 minute experience with them. As I understood it, Google is the preferred search provider, I had no problem with that, as long as the feature worked. Well, it didn't, and caused me one big PITA cleaning everything up. I do know this, even if I were to own a Mac (highly unlikely), I'd choose another browser for my needs.

If there were any misunderstandings over this, my bad. But I won't be be fooling with Safari again, period. I'd rather use IE6, at least I do know its weaknesses.

Cat
But I won't be be fooling with Safari again, period. I'd rather use IE6, at least I do know its weaknesses.

Cat,
I will have to agree with you here m8,my dad always said to me,son its always better the DEVIL you know than the DEVIL you don't,yes I would rather use IE6 knowing it's flaws etc rather than using that Safari on my (MAC-BOOK) I use IE & I have used the Mac once in the last year,I hate them but it was new for $400.00 damaged stock.Nothing wrong with it I only used it to upgrade it to the latest O/S.
have a great weekend cat & members
respectfully
jeffrey (JOB)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Do you have an opinion on Opera? They released 10.60 today, Linux version included. It's supposed to have a new engine or whatever.
I've used Opera in the past, it is a decent browser, especially after Opera 10 was released. I use it on Mint, sharing time with Firefox. Those "speed dials" can be confusing at first, but you get used to it. I'm actually surprised that it's not a higher rated browser than it is.

One thing that it could use is the eye candy that Safari has. Looks count for a lot these days, and Opera could use a little more. But it's still not a bad browser, and they have a good email program, too. I've used Operamail for over a year now, and they do a decent job of filtering spam.

Opera has a lot of potential to be a contender, it's not IE, but Firefox standing in their way. That being said, they could be an easy third place browser, as long as they keep advancing the way they are.

Ask a Question