Macromedia projector has stopped working in windows 7 for visionlab

Reaction score
I have recently upgarded to a 64 bit pc with 8 gb of memory and have had major issues trying to get video programs such as sony vegas or fx homes visionlab to render. Vegas just hangs with the expected render time simply increasing and no render ever happening. while visionlab crashes on anything but the installed example projects.
Fxhome have been unable to resolve the issue as they have windows 7 and it runs fine for them.
Dell who i bought the pc say if its a windows 7 issue or third party software its not their problem
Microsoft state as i got windows seven on an oem disc then its for dell to sort out
so I am left with a very expensive multimedia pc that cant render video
I have the latest direct x flash and quicktime.
I had to install VLc mediaplayer for certain video formats to play correctly.
So far no one can help I'm hoping this forum gives me better luck

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What versions? Only Sony Vegas Pro version 9 is 64bit compatible, any other versions 9 or below are recommended to be upgraded because of compatibility issues. I see no mention of fxhomes in the MS compatibility center but their wesite just says W7 and doesn't mention 32 or 64-bit.

These are both graphics and processor intensive applications. Make sure your video drivers are current.

Also other editions of Sony vegas ver 9 ARE compatible with 32-bit. It is extreme but you might reinstall W7 32-bit. The same W7 product key will work with either 32 or 64-bit.

Reaction score
I have spoken to the people at FXhome who have been nothing but helpful they run windows 7 on their own pcs so yes their software is compatible.
I have all the latest drivers i have a hraphics card with 1 gig of memory and 8 gig of system memory. yes they are highly intensive programs but my old pc didnt have a problem and it had no where near the spec my new pc did.

and where would i get a 32 bit edition of windows 7 from when the one i have is 64 bit?
The first thing i did was update my drivers flash quicktime direct x.
fxhome are running the same program on 64 bit pcs with windows 7 and they are also running vegas

Reaction score
And as i mentioned in my first post the example projects work fine so there should be no issue with mine and their are many people on the fx home site that are using 64bit windows pcs with windows 7

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links-t2910.html Be sure to get premium if you have premium & pro if you have pro.

It means a total install so
First I would back-up your 64-bit system just in case you go back. Then download and burn 32-bit to DVD (It's a huge file so I would use a download manager such as is included in FireFox or several versions are available as an add-in to IE). Download 32-bit drivers for all your hardware and burn those to CD so you have them available (the 64-bit drivers won't work) Also run W7 Easy Transfer to back-up your data (be sure to use the advanced settings to get all your folders/files) and your UserID logons. Also make sure you have all your software discs and product keys (the freeware product SIW can help you locate most of your product keys). Then install the 32-bit using the same key as your 64-bit system and the 32-bit drivers. Restore your UserIds and data with W7 Easy Transfer, and reinstall all your programs.

Ask a Question