Looking to upgrade from Vista

Reaction score
As long as I back everything up is it easy to upgrade from VISTA to WINDOWS 7?

Reaction score
How easy is it to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7, I know i have to back everything up, but is there anything else I need to watch for?

Reaction score
Hi kmork - Welcome to w7forums

Upgrading is pretty straight forward. Simply follow the instructions and everything should install fine. However there has been problems doing upgrades. If anyway possible, I would recommend a clean install. But by doing a clean install all your applications will need to be reinstalled.

Reaction score
As long as you pay attention to the compatibility check before the install you will be fine even with an upgrade. If you run into any things that cannot possible be fixed then a backup to an external is your best bet,

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi kmork - Welcome to w7forums

Upgrading is pretty straight forward. Simply follow the instructions and everything should install fine. However there has been problems doing upgrades. If anyway possible, I would recommend a clean install. But by doing a clean install all your applications will need to be reinstalled.
I agree with clifford_cooley, a clean install is really the only way to go to avoid any problems and such. There have been "issues" when doing upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista.

Ask a Question