SOLVED looking for a close to system tray program

Reaction score
I am looking for a free program that will allow me to specify a program that when I click close on that program, it minimizes the program to the system tray in the taskbar... can someone point me to such a program

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This isn't rated to work in W7 but I tried it on Firefox and it worked so maybe you can get it to do what you want: Tray-It!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
profile?

All I tried was an on-the-fly test ...
create a folder in \program files (x86)\ called TrayIt
then unzip TrayIt into \program files (x86)\TrayIt
Make sure the program is running that you want to minimize to the system tray
Now run TrayIt
Your program should be in the list TrayIt displays ... click it so it gets a check beside it.
Now open your program and hit the minimize button.
It should go to the system tray instead of the taskbar

Reaction score
profile?

All I tried was an on-the-fly test ...
create a folder in \program files (x86)\ called TrayIt
then unzip TrayIt into \program files (x86)\TrayIt
Make sure the program is running that you want to minimize to the system tray
Now run TrayIt
Your program should be in the list TrayIt displays ... click it so it gets a check beside it.
Now open your program and hit the minimize button.
It should go to the system tray instead of the taskbar

STILL NO CHECKBOX!!! still not allowing me to do this!!! WHEN I CLICK IT IT ERRORS "THIS WINDOW NO ASSOCIATED PROFILE"

Last edited:
Reaction score
That program you gave me is shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even right clicking it and selecting 'minimize to tray' doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just stays open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's a 32-bit program, perhaps the one you are trying to minimize is 64-bit, I don't know; like I said it was only rated through XP.

It's not something I have a need to do so I don't use it on a normal basis. Perhaps you will find something else by using a search engine like I did. I found a couple that charge money to do what you wanted, perhaps they can help you. And I just saw one called RBTray and you can try it or not but with your attitude I'm done.

Reaction score
It's a 32-bit program, perhaps the one you are trying to minimize is 64-bit, I don't know; like I said it was only rated through XP.

It's not something I have a need to do so I don't use it on a normal basis. Perhaps you will find something else by using a search engine like I did. I found a couple that charge money to do what you wanted, perhaps they can help you. And I just saw one called RBTray and you can try it or not but with your attitude I'm done.

I already found one... http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/?action=download

Ask a Question