Logged out of the forum

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Why am I being logged out of the forum after a period of time? Is there an option to change that? Maybe make it longer that what it is set at?

Just wondering :dontknow:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
In CCleaner go to Options, then Cookies, then save the URL of the site - there may be more than one cookie to save. That way you won't have to log on every time. This is what I do to save time and grief for all my favorite sites I visit that require a log on name and password.

Reactions: Ian

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There are also functions in the browsers which can delete your cookies. Which browser do you use?

Reactions: Ian

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
There are also functions in the browsers which can delete your cookies. Which browser do you use?
This is true also, thanks for reminding me Dave. I should have mentioned that. Firefox has settings that will erase the history every time the browser is closed, if so enabled. Default settings do not erase history but keep them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The forum shouldn't log you out automatically, so I'd follow the advice of the others here and make sure that you're cookies aren't being cleaned automatically :).

I suspect it could be the browser cookie settings from what you've described, so I'd give those a check. Just make sure that it's not cleaning them on exit or after a specific period of time.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
I am using IE8 and ccleaner is not installed on this machine (work). I have not shut down the browser, it just times me out somehow.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Referring to Ian's post.
Have a look at the configuration of your Anti virus or malware programs. Could be something there.

Ask a Question