Linksys E3000 disconnecting every 50 min?

Reaction score
I recently bought a linksys E3000 router and has been working great for a couple of weeks. Then yesterday it started to disconnect like every 50min? I would have to go into the router settings and just change back to dhcp from static then go back, then it would reconnect? Expensive router and never had any problems with my dlink.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Have you installed the latest firmware update for the router?

I see that you're trying to protect your wireless network using a static rather than DHCP setting. IF you have a strong, I mean real strong password and use WPA2-PSK security setting, then you shouldn't need to go the static method.

If you don't mind, please give us more specifics.

Thanks,
~Nibs

Reaction score
i do have the latest firmware on it, certain devices work better on static then dhcp i find. I even put it up on blocks so it would stay cooler cause it does get hot. Yes i have a wep password.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Don't use a WEP password, use a WPA2-PSK security and password setup. It's much more secure than WEP.

If your router is getting hot then something is wrong, they're not supposed to get too warm or you'll have issues. If it's too hot to comfortably touch, then something is wrong with it and you need to exchange it.

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Probably off topic, but I have a "timeout" setting on my modem that occasionally ignores my 6000 minute setting and re-sets. To 30 minutes.

Ignore that, you said router.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks, if it happens again, i will try his settings and or call linksys

Ask a Question