laptop to tv via hdmi NO SIGNAL

Reaction score
I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 home premium a while ago and connected my laptop
to see some movies and all I see is NO SIGNAL.With Vista it was ok and now NO SIGNAL.
I checked my laptop and it detects my Vizio tv and show 1 and 2 monitors but no output
signal.Nvidia shows two monitors but no output.Been searching with no results.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
make/model of your laptop?

Does hitting Windows key + P to go into presentation mode help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
"Yes it does"? Does that mean Win+P solved the problem?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure everything is set up correctly, HDMI cable is secure, and the TV is set for HDMI input? I suggest you check the TV settings and the cable again.

HP seems to only cover if there is no sound from HDMI.

Reaction score
I have four hdmi input 1 home theater 2 dish 3 laptop.1 and 2 signal 100%.
Switched and no signal,as I said earlier when I had Vista it worked perfectly.
Upgraded to Windows 7 and no signal coming out of the laptop is sees the
tv but no output.Maybe the drivers from Vista are different.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I looked at the drivers and I don't see any special driver for HDMI - HP only offers one video driver. You could go to control panel > device manager and look for any devices without drivers. See if HDMI is there in the list of devices and if it says the driver is working properly.

Reaction score
Well I looked at the drivers and I don't see any special driver for HDMI - HP only offers one video driver. You could go to control panel > device manager and look for any devices without drivers. See if HDMI is there in the list of devices and if it says the driver is working properly.
There is no hdmi in device manager

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you go to Control Panel > Display > Change Display Settings. Is the Vizio shown as the second monitor?

What screen resolution are you using? One post I read suggested trying 1024x768. I doubt it make a difference but when you are spit-balling ideas you try anything.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you go to Control Panel > Display > Change Display Settings. Is the Vizio shown as the second monitor?

What screen resolution are you using? One post I read suggested trying 1024x768. I doubt it make a difference but when you are spit-balling ideas you try anything.
Yes my Vizio is shown as a second monitor.I have changed the resolution with no
results.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What is your Vizio model? Have you updated its' firmware or software?

Was your Vista 32-bit? W7 64-bit?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Going from 32bit Vista to 64bit W7 means nearly every driver is different. I've heard of "no signal" problems with Vizio before and if you've tried different cables and different ports on the back of the Vizio then all I can suggest is contacting Vizio support for ideas. Sorry.

Reaction score
Going from 32bit Vista to 64bit W7 means nearly every driver is different. I've heard of "no signal" problems with Vizio before and if you've tried different cables and different ports on the back of the Vizio then all I can suggest is contacting Vizio support for ideas. Sorry.
My Windows 7 is 32bit

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well it's possible the drivers could be the same then but my only suggestion is still to contact Vizio support.

Ask a Question