Keyboard manipulation

Reaction score
I have a Logitech K520 wireless keyboard and I've asked on their forums, but thus far, have had no reply. I do a bit of HTML coding and I'd like to not have to press the SHIFT key when I key < or >. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Magoo, pressing the shift key to get to the < or > is standard on all IBM layout keyboards. It has nothing to do with whether it's a Logitech, Microsoft, Kensington, Key Tronic, etc.

That's just standard for the keyboard. I know of no shortcuts. Shoot I wish I didn't have the press the Shift key to get to upper-case letters... but I do.

Reaction score
Thanks. Thought there might be an F key or FN key combo that would reverse it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I tried Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. I created a file with the "<" and "," & ">" and "." reversed but I don't know how/where to store it so that it is selectable as the system keyboard layout. It's not Control Panel \ Keyboard. It appears it would need to be done in Control Panel \ Region and Language ... Keyboards and Languages Tab but I don't know how to get the keyboard I created into the list of available keyboards. So I gave up on MKLC.

And I found THIS

KeyTweak or hard-coding the registry seem promising.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Seems like way too much trouble to go to in order to bypass pressing the shift key.

Ask a Question