SOLVED is this a clean program or not??? (trusted reliable sources needed)

Reaction score
some people say it is up for intrerpretation, some say it is clean and safe, some say it is malware!!! but I DO NOT see any information on Weatherbug from trusted reliable sources (such as Microsoft)... does anybody have any links as to trusted reliable sources on if it is clean or not!!! my AV says there is nothing wrong with it!!! but I have head things from one end of the spectrum to the other!!! and I don't know what to believe because I have heard millions of different opinions and basically NO facts!!! should I trust my AV and it's clean or what??? I need trusted reliable sources, not just user reviews or opinions... I need FACT!!!

Reaction score
Personally I've never trusted Weatherbug for the same reasons that are making you skeptical. However Weatherbug seems to be safe for use.

Is WeatherBug safe?
On One Hand: WeatherBug is Not Malware
Malware is defined as any kind of software designed to perform illegal operations on your computer, such as gathering usage statistics without your permission. The creators of WeatherBug, an application that provides weather updates to your desktop, verify that the software does not spy on your computer and does not collect any data without your consent.​
On the Other: WeatherBug is Ad-Supported
The free version of WeatherBug contains advertisements, which the company says helps keep the software free. The software also has no uninstaller if you have a version previous to 6.0.​
Bottom Line
While you might not like WeatherBug's advertisements, the ads cannot tell the company anything about you, such as where you last visited online, your habits or your computer's IP address. Because of this, it should not be considered spyware and is considered safe to use. If you really want to use it without ads, an ad-free version is available for almost $20 per year.​

Reaction score
Try uploading the files to Virustotal for a scan
https://www.virustotal.com/
If it reports clean,then its clean.
Virustotal uses the following antiviruses with the latest database for scaning files

Last edited:
Reaction score
it came up clean on all those... so what is all the fuss about this program, then???

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's adware. You want the weather you have to put up with the dang ads. That's the deal. I hate ads, block them as many ways as I can.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
advertisements are not viruses, they are just annoying (adware = software that contains advertisements)

Reaction score
But TM,most of the aniviruses recoganaise adwares. (i don't know if virustotal scans for adwares)

Avira free Anivirus is a adware in one way but it poses no threat.So weatherbug can be considered safe if it dosen't show bad and toooo many ads

Reaction score
I have never had a pop-up from it... it usually only shows one banner at a time on the program... and it is not annoying... just on webbrowsers they are annoying because some of them have viruses... adblock plus takes care of that... I haven't had an issue with Weatherbug...

Ask a Question