SOLVED iPhones, Outlook and Apple Mail Oh My!

Reaction score
Short version (hah):
Selling my iMac as some of you know. Moving my life to my W7 laptop. Slowly getting everything moved. Hoped that Live Mail was going to sync with my iPhone but NOPE so I installed my old copy of Outlook 2003. Works lovely for syncing my contacts, calendars etc. etc. but now I want to get my old apple mail (saved messages back to 10 years or so ago) into Outlook 2003. It's in .mbox, .emlx or .eml format (whichever works). Sure WLM opens the .eml files but not Outlook 2003. My head is gonna burst. I know there is a way to do this without buying one of those uni-tasking 3rd party applications for $20. Help!?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Jenn,

I've not got Outlook 2003 anymore, so I can't test it out for myself - however you should be able to "export" your messages from WLM in to outlook (so it's a 2 step process, rather than direct). Just click "Microsoft Exchange" as the export option, as this also seems to cover Outlook :)

Reaction score
Ok so... last question. When I do that, it successfully exports... but where the heck did it put the file(s) to import into Outlook? LOL

Ask a Question