Ipad and Lockerz???

Reaction score
Ok hello people - I havnt been on here on a while - been working heavily no time busy busy busy!

Anyway I have put two topics in one thread just for ease. Now I know all of you MS fan boys are going to hate me but what you think of the iPad? I personally love it even though I crave the latest MS products. I already own an iPod touch but believe this is a revolutionary product that does bridge the gap between laptops, and smart phones (basically what all netbooks should be like - I hate netbooks with a passion!)

Also has anyone signed up to Lockerz - if they have can they give me some feedback I have already created an account with 56ptz, but wanted another review of it. Thanks for all your help you guys will give me!!!

Oh and by the way Lockerz is an invite only system so PM me with your email and I will do my best to get back to you with an invite within the next 24hours but probably less :)

Reaction score
I hate netbooks with a passion!
Yep, I hate them too, but why do you like the iPad then?

Jobs said the iPad is something between smartphone and laptop.
It only has a 1Ghz CPU and although it's going to be a lot better than the iPhone for playing games etc it's not going to be as good as a small laptop.. how could it?

So, when I want something mobile, I buy a smartphone, but when I have enough room for a large device like the iPad I would use a laptop instead.
The MacBook is so small and can do a lot more.

Edit: Btw, what is lockerz?

So, for $500.. no thanks, I'll buy a cheap laptop instead!

Reaction score
I like the A4 chip inside the iPad coz it has 1Ghz (ok not much) but when it is compacted with the flash memory together - that is a pretty big feet. Ok it would be awesome if they raised the bar to a few Ghz more, fair enough but i think it will be a trend setter - like most of Apple's products.

It would be ideal for designers, artists alike perfect for everyone on the go :)

And lockerz is a site that provides free gadgets for visiting there site. Lockerz gets paid by advertisers, for you visiting the Lockerz site. If you want an invite PM me your email and I will send you an invite to your email - its all legit - google Lockerz for info :)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
To tell the truth, the iPad is really a large iPod touch. Sure, it has a bigger screen and it's faster. And that's about it. I'll probably get one, seeing as it's pretty cool (used to have an iPod touch First gen but it got run over X( ) and is Apple's cheapest non-mobile product.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I'll probably jailbreak it. Or use some sort of third party software. :evilgrin: Apple products are best with Third Party crap. :D :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing the iPad, as I can see why it would work really well for some people. Reading books, newspapers and magazines on one of these devices could work really well if they become commonplace and standards are agreed upon. I couldn't imagine buying one unless it was under £200 though.

I'm no fan of Apple as a company, but I do really like some of their products. I'm irritated by things like the lack of modular batteries, lack of openness and proprietary connections... but the iPod/iPhone works so well that I still really like it ;).

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
The biggest deterrant to me is the lack of flash support, so no you-tube and no built-in web cam which seems odd. I also heard that it can't do USB, am I right about that?!? Very, very, odd if it can't. :/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, the lack of Flash is a real pain. It would be a HUGE improvement if Apple allowed this on to their devices (as I believe Adobe said it wasn't a problem to put Flash on the iPhone, but the speed might not be great in some circumstances).

Reaction score
The biggest deterrant to me is the lack of flash support, so no you-tube and no built-in web cam which seems odd. I also heard that it can't do USB, am I right about that?!? Very, very, odd if it can't. :/
You were right about the lack of usb support as well - however there is an adapter there selling - which is extra alon with all of Apple's other accessories, like the case, dock and keyboard?
Knowing Apple these will be expensive too - and probably where they make their profit lol - they also offer an adapter for sd cards too - designed for a camera specailist below is a link to the accessories - its at the bottom of the web page.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Like I said, giant iPod touch.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
:afraid:Like Google and the Ebola virus, I avoid anything with APPLE on it.

Reaction score
I like Apple (dare I say it) and think I might be converting???
then again I will always be a Windows fan boy till I die, but love the feel, and personalisation Apple give to their products, thats one thing Microsoft can't!
Because of all the different manufacturers - Dell / HP / Sony, meanwhile Macbooks is sold by Apple and only Apple.

Btw if you want an invite to Lockerz PM me with your email, and check in your inbox or spam for an invitation - worth while - I just recieved my USB 2Gb key from there as well in the post - I love Lockerz :)

Reaction score
When I saw that I laughed!!! so true yet it will be a renovating piece of technology, that will set a trend - will set the bar for tablet pc's everywhere and netbooks :)
Remember if you want a Lockerz invite PM me, I already have near 200ptz since two weeks after signing up - bloody amazing, and you can win ipods too i love it - already won a usb and shirt off it :D

Reaction score
I had a play with one in the store. It's ok but I found the screen in real life to not be as large as I had the impression of it being from photo's.
Having said that I use my iphone for quick stuff on the run and prefer the big screen of a home PC for everything else.
If I was a regular traveler/caravan user then I could see the value of owning one.

Ask a Question