Iomega StorCenter software not working

Reaction score
Netwrok stoarge drive that had loads of stuff on died, though we ahd backups ona another netwoorks drive anf finally managed to get it onto a new Iomega drive.

However, the software for getting to the drive is basically a gloryfied web page. It can find the drive fine, and the folders, but cannot connect to the folders. It says "A problem occurred when trying to connect to the folder "Public"".

Tried running as admin, did nothing, then tried compatibility mode which it didn't run at all in. IE doesn't help either. However, XP can run it just fine, and can find the drives fine. But 7 can't!
Any help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure on this one, but I'm doing some digging now to see if I can find a solution and will report back if I do :) Hopefully someone else with an Iomega drive will know the answer.

Reaction score
Thanks. It's weird how it was a web page rather than a program. Would this have any affect on the matter?

If nothing works I can copy all my iTunes and photos off the drive, but that would take ages and it defeats the point. Besides, I'd have to re-do my entire library as the drive paths are different.

Ask a Question