Internet Connections Drops

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. I'm on a wired internet connection. Windows keeps dropping connection off and on randomly.

I'm using an older Linksys modem and router and couldn't find any driver updates for them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

"noob"

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
So are you saying you're on a cable connection or DSL connection?

Routers don't use drivers, they use what is called a "Firmware Update".

When you say wired then you mean that you're connected to a your router via an ethernet cable?

We need more information.

Reaction score
So are you saying you're on a cable connection or DSL connection?

Routers don't use drivers, they use what is called a "Firmware Update".

When you say wired then you mean that you're connected to a your router via an ethernet cable?

We need more information.
Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify.

I use a Cable Modem using Comcast Cable also connected to a router with 3 other computers plugged in.

Windows 7 drops the connections randomly. After doing some research, I think it's actually with the motherboard I have and windows 7. The motherboard drivers need updated. I HOPE.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Do the other computers drop also?

Reaction score
Everything else seems to work great except my internet connection being dropped and my Video editing software crashing.

Reaction score
Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Zip the saved file then attach the zip to a post.

Also, update your video editing software. Whatever you're using is too old.

Reaction score
Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the screen that opens. Zip the saved file then attach the zip to a post.

Also, update your video editing software. Whatever you're using is too old.
I'm using the most current update for Sony Vegas Pro HD for 64 bit. I never had issues until I went to 64 bit though. I might have to go with Ver. 9 though.

Thanks, all get those specs up.

Reaction score
Did you forget to attach? I need that to see what drivers to show you to download.

Ask a Question