Inconsistent suspend behavior

Reaction score
I am using Windows 7 RC x64 on a nForce 420 based motherboard. The suspend to ram function is not working properly sometimes.

I have Windows configured to automatically suspend to PC after 30 min of being idle. This automatic suspend works well, suspending the PC completely, shouting down the fans, and leds of the PC, and can only be weaken up by pressing the on/off button in the case of the PC. After waking up from this state, I see that the temps of the GPU and the CPU are way down, proving that they were in sleep status.

However, when I suspend manually (by pressing the suspend button on the keyboard, or by chossing suspend in the Start menu) the PC doesn't suspend completely. The fans and leds doesn't shout down, and the temp of the CPU and GPU after wake up are very close to the temps when idle, showing that they didn't enter in sleep state. When suspended manually, I can wake the PC just by touching any button of the mouse or keyboard.

What is the problem? Is there a way I can manually completely suspend the PC? I checked on internet and in the forums an didn't found any solution to this problem.

Reaction score
computer going to sleep or suspend

Had this problem too.. try this worked for me..
Device Manager/ Keyboard/HID Keyboard Device/ Power Management/ untick "Allow this device to wake computer"
My Problem was the wireless Keyboard USB conn.. wireless mouse USB conn. I put with adapter in the PS/2 slot...
Luck:)

Reaction score
Thanks you ronpeck!. I disabled "Allow this device to wake computer" in the keyboard, mouse and network card, and know sleep works perfectly.
Is there a way to mark this thread as solved??

Ask a Question