IE 8, Windows 7 and Europe

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I pre-ordered Windows 7E Home Premium yesterday and to ensure I had a copy of IE8 I downloaded the 'vista' version in readyness. I say the vista version as no 7 version has been released yet.... if at all.... I'm just wondering if there any differences which will cause problems on the day? Perhaps it will automatically update itself to the 7 version...who knows?

Also can I ask the other europeans out there about how they feel about europe having a different os than the rest of the world..
Is it just me or is this most ludicrous, idiotic and mind numbingly stupid idea of all time??
To sell an operating system without a browser...

I trust that future copies of Apples OS, Snow Leopard, will not be including their browser, Safari? What!....It will? But...but... it doesn't make sense......

Lol...Just a bit of fun but you get the point..

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You can thank Brussels.
I know...:rolleyes: I guess they had to do something to justify themselves... I'd also like to know how much the creator of Opera paid to get the bill through as it was his original bleating that created this mess.. It's like someone trying to supply an os without a media player....wait...didn't that happen already or am I getting Deja Vous?

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I read this article today and had to laugh... Looks like MS has got it's own back at the Opera creator...

Microsoft has left the Opera and Google Chrome browsers off of the list of those officially supported by its Web-based Office applications, which will be available worldwide in technical preview sometime this month.

This was copied and pasted from here:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent..._officially_supported_by_office_web_apps.html

Reaction score
Normally I might agree with this decision. But someone has to hold their hand out first for a fair handshake.

On the other hand if I was to make a choice it would be either IE or Firefox, so it really doesnt matter to me in the end.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows 7 looks like it will provide a selection of browsers when you first want to connect to the net (so you'll get the usual choice of IE/FF/etc...). No need to worry about downloading browsers in advance any more :)

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Windows 7 looks like it will provide a selection of browsers when you first want to connect to the net (so you'll get the usual choice of IE/FF/etc...). No need to worry about downloading browsers in advance any more :)
Really? Thats so much better than non at all... Thanks for the heads up..:)

Ask a Question