HP Deskjet F4180 All-In-One

Reaction score
I just installed the new release client last night, upgrading from vista to 7. Now the printer won't work in any way, shape or form. It says it can't find the correct driver. I had all the latest drivers installed, but i went to HP anyway & got them again. Trying to install them I get a message of "this driver is already installed" (or something to that effect), if i use the HP updater it tells me I already have the latest version installed. If i examine the printer & drivers and tell it to update the drivers it again says I have the most up to date. I have tried it in compatability mode and that doesn't work either. In spite of all of these things telling me that the latest drivers are indeed installed under "devices & printers" it still says "the driver for the hp deskjet f4100 series is not installed. Install the latest driver for this device". So I'm unable to print or scan.

Is there any fix for this?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try uninstalling any driver/software you have for this printer and see if you can get Windows Update to detect the driver for this software?

Otherwise, you might have some sucess by extracting the HP driver package manually (WinRar from www.rarlabs.com can often to this) and install it without the HP installation manager.

Ask a Question