SOLVED hp deskjet 6980 printer

Reaction score
My hp deskjet 6980 printer doesn't like the drivers that are auto loaded with my dell 1720 with windows 7 home pre. 32 bit operating system. HP doesn't list any for windows 7. Is there any other drivers I can use.:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Had live chat with HP told them the printer works ok with my XP computer but not with Win 7 He had me go through several tests and it was my ink carts. go figure. But why does it work OK just great with the xp? who knows anyway thanks for all your help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's working for you now - perhaps the newer W7 drivers have an ink level checking feature that stops you from printing when it "thinks" that the ink is out, rather than letting you decide.

Reaction score
I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to put my old cart. back in tonight and see what happens. My color one about empty also and it works fine.They want you to think your out of ink. It might be there way to sell more carts. I also re-Installed W7 because of another issue. Maybe the driver was messed up and the re-install fixed it.:dontknow:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off what appears to be a Activity Report. When I print a document using Word With Office 2007 I get this report first then my document just like it"s a Fax. The Pinter is a HP Deskjet 6980.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot of the activity report window and post it here please, as I'm not sure what that could be?

Reaction score
My Activity report does not appear on my desk top it prints out just like a Fax activity report does.Is there some setting in Word 2007 that needs to be turned off?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My Activity report does not appear on my desk top it prints out just like a Fax activity report does.Is there some setting in Word 2007 that needs to be turned off?
No there is no setting for that. Windows Word 2007 doesn't generate activity reports. It's probably coming from your HP printer software. HP has a lot of weird stuff about their printers like that.

Ask a Question