How to unhide the config.msi file

Reaction score
First post. Hello all.

I need some help please.

I accidently hid the config.msi file. How can I unhide it?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Config.msi file is supposed to be hidden. Where did you see it ? How did you manage to hide it? What steps did you use to hide it? Can you not just reverse the steps?

If you must, try this.......
Start button > search box, type folder options > Enter > at the top, click View >
under Hidden files and folders heading, check the radio dot at Show hidden files, folders and drives > click OK when done.

Reaction score
I suggest you download and install a freeware utility called everything.exe. It runs in the background and will instantly find any file which contains your search qhery. BTW it works only on NTFS volumes. For all file systems use locate32.or Cathy which are not dynamically updated.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In windows explorer you can simply go to Tools > Folder options, View Tab. Then select "show hidden files, folders, and drives". After that you should be able to see it in the C:\ folder; it should have a little lock icon beside it because it is system protected.

Ask a Question