How to remove evaluation watermark in RC1

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Personally I hate looking at the evaluation copy watermark, but trying to remove it required trying several different removal patches. I guess many of them were made for previous builds and are incompatible with the release candidate.

I am running a fresh install of the RC and this patch worked perfectly for me (requires reboot to take effect). Posting it here in the hope that it will save someone else the bother of trying many different ones to find one that works. If this has already been posted or is in a sticky somewhere, I apologize.

Reaction score
Cheers core, im going to try it now. do you know how to get rid of the expiry date by any chance. i know there was a patch for the beta for this, but has someone made one up for the RC

Reaction score
it didnt work for me i still have the watermark i will try the suggestions at the bottom of the webpage you suggested

Reaction score
hi got it working in the end after doing the bit at the end. running cmd as adminastrator and typing 'mcbuilder.exe'
it worked a charm, thanks

Reaction score
Thanks man for sharing this with us. It worked for me also.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Worked for my Win 7 running in virtualbox. *thumbs up*

Reaction score
arent annoying to me , i dont pay a tiny attention to these water marks for example , y this is so boring to u so u wanna remove it ?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
arent annoying to me , i dont pay a tiny attention to these water marks for example , y this is so boring to u so u wanna remove it ?
It's not boring. It just looks like shit. When there's bird shit all over my windshield, I wash it off, not because it bores me, but because it looks like, well, shit.

Ask a Question