How to move email from iCloud to Outlook.com?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I would like to move email from an iCloud account to an Outlook.com account.

Normally, when I transfer email from one account to another, I just add both accounts as IMAP accounts in a desktop client (such as Thunderbird) and move items from one inbox (or other folders) over to the other account. It's not terribly fast, but it works.

Unfortunately, Outlook.com only supports importing mail through POP3, which iCloud does not support. iCloud supports IMAP, however, so I added both to Outlook 2013, but when I try to move items over from iCloud to the Outlook.com account, it says this cannot be done because the service provider (doesn't specify which one) doesn't support it. I am guessing - but only guessing - that this is because Outlook.com, when used in an email client, uses some Activesync proprietary technology and it doesn't support this particular function.

If you have any ideas as to how I could move mail over, please share. :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not a clue, I don't iAnything. But have you seen THIS, does your iCloud use the Mail.App thing he is referring to? If so maybe you need to tweak the mail.app like he indicates.

Ask a Question