SOLVED How to make Recovery Partition in new hard disk, like factory reset using F9 Key?

Reaction score
Hi all! i want to ask you how to create a recovery partition in accordance with the original factory settings?

it started when my hard disk before, the status is windows 7 home premium bundle has been broken and been replaced by asus service center. so now i have a new hard disk without any menu or F9 recovery partition.

for more info i have :

- 5 DVD already burned with using AI recovery burner asus in the state of my hard disk, before it breaks. (*whether in this way can make the hard drive recovery partition?, so how to use it?)

- Windows Home Premium already installed in my notebook without partition recovery. (*this OS came from Service center, currently already installed on my notebook in new harddisk without partition recovery)

- So the point is I want to recovery partition with windows instalation setup menu when I press the F9 key on my new hard disk.

Thanks for the help, sorry if my english bad

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The way they set you up now you no longer need a recovery partition. And I have never heard of a way for an individual to create their own.

Instead you burn those AI recovery DVDs and if you ever need to restore your OS you put in those DVDs. This is actually better, because you almost never need to recover but you can always use extra hard drive space.

And your English is better than my Bahasa Indonesia.

Reaction score
The way they set you up now you no longer need a recovery partition. And I have never heard of a way for an individual to create their own.

Instead you burn those AI recovery DVDs and if you ever need to restore your OS you put in those DVDs. This is actually better, because you almost never need to recover but you can always use extra hard drive space.

And your English is better than my Bahasa Indonesia.
haha, finally my hidden partition was recovered by Asus Service Center. so my question comes when i tried to using F9 key for recovery again (just re-check from asus service center). When Asus preloaded wizard appear:
1. Recover Windows to first partition only
2. Recover Windows to entire HD
3. Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions

off all that i have described above whether to remove the hidden partition?
I will try to put the plan on a third option. Is the hidden partition will be erased?

Thank you so much. :D

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know. From what I read, the AI recovery disks shouldn't need a recovery partition but if the recovery routine was designed to make one then I'm sure it will. You would be best to ask ASUS support.

Ask a Question