How to Defrag - Discussion

Ad

Advertisements

Veedaz

~
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ian (good Article) as Defragmenting mechanical drives is important to system performance :top:

Note: If you have SSD drive / drives do not defragment them.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
VIP Member
Reaction score
That is an excellent article, Ian. A lot of people don't realize the importance of defragging. I defrag every day, but with a free tool called Defraggler. It comes from the same company a CCleaner and Recuva. Three excellent tools from the same company. However, for those who wish to use the built in tool, it's a really good one, too. A lot faster that the one in XP.

Fire cat

Established Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
That is an excellent article, Ian. A lot of people don't realize the importance of defragging. I defrag every day, but with a free tool called Defraggler. It comes from the same company a CCleaner and Recuva. Three excellent tools from the same company. However, for those who wish to use the built in tool, it's a really good one, too. A lot faster that the one in XP.
I agree, though, I still miss the diagram you get in XP, and in Defraggler.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a confirmed PerfectDisk user, have been for over 6 years. There is absolutely none better out there for a paid application... period!

Yes, this one gives the "eye candy" diagram and such. Runs on "Auto-Pilot" which defrags when necessary.

Defragging once a day is really not necessary nearly all experts agree that once a week is satisfactory.

Also, PerfectDisk is the only defragger I know of to recognise SSD and act accordingly. It's algorythyms are designed not to "fry" the NAND chips.

No MS built-in defrag program has ever had the speed, thoroughness or accuracy of PerfectDisk. Besides since XP the MS built-in defragger is a very chopped down version of Diskeeper, produced by a company run by Scientologists. I avoid anything that has to do with Scientology and its sycophants.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
VIP Member
Reaction score
That is really eye candy, I'm positive that it works as good as it looks. I no longer defrag daily, my system is set to defrag once weekly, that's usually enough, except that when I add a new program, I defrag then. It really is a simple way to keep your computer running smoothly, and faster.

Ask a Question