How do I correct problems after Win7 Installation

Reaction score
I recently got a hewlett Packard 630 laptop which had linux OS. I decided to replace it with Windows 7 and face two major issues:

1) When I was installing Win 7, it asked me to create a new hard drive because the 10GB partition could not fit Win 7 ultimate 64-bit I wanted to install. I therefore created a 20GB hard drive and completed win 7 installation through USB. However, when I finished I could only see the 20GB hard drive and not the remaining 450GB!

2) I installed win 7 and MS Office 2010 properly. However, the system is missing HP tools, such as network, ethernet, PCI etc. As a result, I do not have internet. I tried a number of drivers from the HP site, with no success.

How can I correct these problems?

Reaction score
If you don't see the remaining space for your HDD, you may need to use Disk Management.
Type "create" in the search box from the Start Menu. This should bring up an option to "Create and format hard disk partitions", select this option and see if you have any unallocated space available for creating another partition. You will also have options to stretch or shrink partitions.

A word of warning though, from my experience 20GB is not large enough to contain Windows 7 installation + applications. If I were to make a suggestion on a size for Windows OS & applications, it would be a 40GB or larger partition. With that said, if you install your larger applications to a different partition 20GB maybe fine.

Lets get passed problem number 1 first and take a look at problem number 2 later.

Reaction score
i actually solved problem 1, quite easily through disk management. thanks.

let's go to problem 2

Reaction score
Which country are we dealing with? I want to make sure I am viewing the correct pages when looking at the driver listings.

Reaction score
????

You mean, which country I am from? Greece.
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. This is relevant because some of the products available to you may not be available here in the states.

Scratch that. :) I think I found the pages I needed. Which Windows version are you using? Is it Windows Home Premium 64-bit?

Ask a Question