HELP: Cannot change refresh rates on Win 7 (CRT-monitor)

Reaction score
Hi People

Im having a weird issue....I ve worked in tech supp before but I m unable to find an answer to this one:

System specs: C2D 3.0ghz, 2 gb ram, 1000mhz, OS WIn 7 64 bit RC 7100, Graphics-8600GT

Now Im using an old monitor LG 700s, and for some weird reason I cannot change the resolution to 1152x864 on 75 hz...I just get 60 hz (lot of screen flicker) option and nothing else, updated to the latest win 7 nvidia drivers released today...updated the monitor drivers as well, but Im not getting that refresh rate.

The funny thing is the monitor does support 1152x864 75 hz according to the monitor specs and I have it tunning on that resolution on both Win XP sp3 and Windpws Vista SP1 both 32 bit....

What am I doing wrong.....or is it just an issue with the drivers since its a new OS and its gonna take a lot of time for nvidia to fix...if it is an issue on their part?

Appreciate any help or views.
Thank you.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Driver issue.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You should be able to force a refresh rate:

Go to the nVidia control panel > Display > Manage Custom Resolutions > Create

Reaction score
Hey Ian..na bud...I tried that....

...the thing is no other mode shows up in the nvidia contro panel on 1152x864 in windows 7 besides 60 hz...while in the other OS's there are upto 75hz.

Reaction score
Solution found, "manage custom resolution in nvidia control panel"....
bahhh..im such a nub...all this while I was trying the normal "change resolution" option in Nvidia cp...which wasnt working.

Thx for your suggestion man

Ask a Question