SOLVED Hardware acceleration disabled???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need help.
When i try to use a game such as solitaire i get a error message. Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported...
I have a Dell Latitude D830 and I upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. I am using Win 7 64. Professional.
The device manager is saying standard VGA graphics adapter. I also read to use this GPU thing, and that screen shot is also at the bottom.

If anyone could help me figure out what in the world is wrong. Id much appreciate it.

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need help.
When i try to use a game such as solitaire i get a error message. Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported...
I have a Dell Latitude D830 and I upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. I am using Win 7 64. Professional.
The device manager is saying standard VGA graphics adapter. I also read to use this GPU thing, and that screen shot is also at the bottom.

If anyone could help me figure out what in the world is wrong. Id much appreciate it.

If you have integrated graphics (or if you have a card not listed) you need to re-install the video driver again.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Since your 2nd screenshot show an Nvidia logo, then we must assume you have the Nvidia graphics chipset onboard your notebook computer.

Searching the Dell website shows three graphics chipsets that were used in that model notebook computer. The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator is in addition to the Nvidia GPUs.

From DELL:
Video Card
NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 140M5
High end graphics solution specifically designed for graphically-demanding applications like 3D modeling and video-editing. Delivers scalable flexibility for investment protection.

NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 135M6

The NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M offers all the latest graphics technology to produce extraordinary visual effects, robust wide-aspect LCD support and compatibility with all major business applications.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 (Up to 256MB shared
) The GMA X3100 graphics core is an intelligent and responsive graphics engine built into the chipset that is on the motherboard. This integration provides incredible visual quality, faster graphics performance and flexible display options.

You'll need to install either the Intel GMA driver to get the ball rolling. Go to: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7 64 (exe) or the Nvidia Quadro driver, which you can download here. It's called the Verde R285 Driver now: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

Try the Nvidia driver first and see what results you get.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Glad to see it worked out for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question