Hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

When I open window 7 games it shows the message "hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver,which could slow game performance.make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on."
in my device manager under sound,video and game controllers it shows unsupported standard game port. Resolution is also changed.

When I scan for hardware. One unknown driver is present in Device manager what to do for resolving this issue? please help me to fix this problem. My PC (Sony Vaio VGN - NW240F/S).

Reaction score
You're not loading your video driver Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD.

Check Sony or Intel for driver updates

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where can i get the "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD" video driver software to install? can u share the link? Can u elaborate the problem? In the laptop, there is recovery and restore options, I used it, but still it is showing the same problem. Is it possible to reinstall the software back, Where can I find the uninstall programs in the laptop?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I installed Driver successfully. Its working fine. Thank you so much... :)

In Sony Vaio NW240F/S, Iam not able to find the bluetooth connectivity. I need to connect bluetooth devices to my laptop. Can u please help me?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Download the SmartWii wireless utility here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNNW240FS&upd_id=4901&os_id=45

This is from the Sony website:

Unable to turn on the GPS, WLAN, WWAN or Bluetooth® device using the SmartWi™ Connection Utility application..

Solution

NOTE: Not all computers have an internal GPS, Wireless WAN or Bluetooth adapter. To determine if your computer has a GPS, WWAN or Bluetooth adapter, check the computer specifications available in the Manuals/Specs/Warranty section of the Sony® eSupport Web site.

You may be unable to turn on the GPS, WLAN, WWAN or Bluetooth adapter using the SmartWi Connection Utility software, if the SmartWi Helper utility is disabled. Use one of the procedures below to resolve the issue.

Enable the SmartWi Helper utility.
Click the Start button and then in the Start Search box type: msconfig.
Press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue .

In the System Configuration window, click the Startup tab.
On the Startup tab, click to check the box next to SmartWi Helper .

Click the OK button.
In the System Configuration window click the Restart button.
After the computer restarts, use the SmartWi Connection Utility software to turn on the GPS, WLAN, WWAN or Bluetooth adapter.
Reinstall the SmartWi Connection Utility.

Reaction score
Either this laptop(Sony Vaio NW240F/S) is having the Bluetooth adaptor? No where it is mentioned about bluetooth in specification. What i have to do for connecting the bluetooth mobile device? WLAN connection is availabe. Smart Connection Utility is installed. Im not able to find the bluetooth enabling option.
http://i35.tinypic.com/2h3rkft.jpg

Last edited:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
I suspect your laptop doesn't support bluetooth. If it does not feature bluetooth you can purchase a bluetooth adapter that will plug into a USB slot at any local electronics or computer store.

Reaction score
ok now what?

So i went to the link and downloaded the update but my comp said it was not comparable.
I have tried everything on every post i could find and I thought this was my best bet. is my comp just to old? i have a Sony Vaio pcg-8112L. with integrated graphics.

Reaction score
i am having the same problem.... i try to find the suitable driver for my system but was unable... could anyone please help me out...... i am having HCL B30 laptop.... SIS chipset....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question