Group Policy Registry help!!!!

Reaction score
I'm running Win7 Home Premium and one of the features not in this edition is the group policies...... Which I need.

I've checked out the registry spreadsheets but to no avail.

I'm trying to get a batch file to run at system shutdown. Here is exactly what i need to do, but in registry form!!!

1) Create a batch file named "AudioStop.bat" using a text editor (notepad will work)
2) Right Click on newly created .bat file >"edit" and enter following 2 lines:

net stop "Audiosrv"
net stop "AudioEndpointBuilder"

3) Save file as "AudioStop.bat" in directory c:\ProgramData\
4) Open "run" from start menu and enter "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) and hit "OK"
5) Now navigate on left pane of window "Computer Configuration" > "Windows Settings" > "Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)"
6) On right pane of window, double click on "Shutdown"
7) From window that opens, Click "Add" then browse to where you saved "AudioStop.bat" earlier and double click on it
8) Hit "Apply" and close.

I've done the batch file, that was easy, and the rest of it would have been easy too except for the lack of group policies!!!

If anyone can talk me through getting this into the registry that would be amazing and i would be eternally greatful!

Thanks

Ask a Question