Group Policy Editor and Virtualization of XP in Windows 7

Reaction score
I am not very familiar with Group Policies and I have a question.
I was reading an article about running XP virtualized in Windows 7 and the author stated the following:

'Using Group Policy, you can move over those XP apps that run under Windows 7'

I would appreciate a basic explanation of what he is referring to and hopefully a link so that I can read some more on the topic.

Many thanks in advance.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Do you have a link to this article? As far as I'm aware a user can't simply move a program from one OS to another if it requires an active installation. Standalone programs that run but don't require an install usually wouldn't need Group Policy changes though.

Reaction score
Do you have a link to this article? As far as I'm aware a user can't simply move a program from one OS to another if it requires an active installation. Standalone programs that run but don't require an install usually wouldn't need Group Policy changes though.
Yes, the link follows.
Please let me know what you understand from that particular section of the article.
I really appreciate it!
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=3207963

Reaction score
Any additional thoughts after reading the link?
Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question