SOLVED Greenshot – Freeware screenshot tool for Windows!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

Greenshot is a revolutionary open-source screen capture software for Windows operating system, optimized for productivity.
Features:

• Save a screenshot or a part of the screen to a file within a second.
  • Apply text and shapes to the screenshot.
  • Offers capture of window, region or full screenshot.
  • Supports several image formats.
HomePage.
Worth a check-out!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCE

Last edited:
Reaction score
In Windows 7 you don't need third oarty programs, the snipping tool does a perfect job.

Attachments

Reaction score
In Windows 7 you don't need third oarty programs, the snipping tool does a perfect job.
Agreed. I can't see any value in third party software to do this. I do appreciate open source tools however.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Well, I was just offering this because it has more features and tweaks than the snipping tool in Windows 7. I thought someone might find a use for it, that's all. All of us uber-geeks know what features are in the Snipping tool.

Personally, I use Snagit. A much better window/screen capture application than either of these two with tons more features. But I like to let other folks know about free stuff, if they choose to do use it, that's their bag.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Never heard of it! I usually use the Print Screen button of my keyboard.
chaoticOtter - Using either the snipping tool in Windows 7 or a third-party software like Snagit, one can just take a capture of a small part of the screen, such as a window, portion of a web page, etc.

These tools allow one to be more specific and save extra steps of cropping and resizing.

See these examples:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
The snipping tool in Windows 7 does work very well but saying that I do use a third-party software for reasons Nibiru has pointed out, so I will say thanks Nibiru will give Greenshot a run as I always like to give software I have not tried before a go :top:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
FYI: The snipping tool is not included in Starter or Home editions so this could also be beneficial to those users.

Last edited:

Ask a Question