got win 7 professional key but oem disc

Reaction score
Hi,

I got serial for Windows 7 professional from MSDNAA which my school is part of. I'm allowed to have copy of Windows 7 professional to my personal use. Problem is that our administrator has only activated x86 version of Windows 7 professional and I would need x64 version. I do have the serial key though. If I got serial key for Windows 7 Professional doesn't that apply to both x86 and x64 versions? I've got OEM disk of Windows 7 Professional x64. Does my serial apply if I install OEM version?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi,

I got serial for Windows 7 professional from MSDNAA which my school is part of. I'm allowed to have copy of Windows 7 professional to my personal use. Problem is that our administrator has only activated x86 version of Windows 7 professional and I would need x64 version. I do have the serial key though. If I got serial key for Windows 7 Professional doesn't that apply to both x86 and x64 versions? I've got OEM disk of Windows 7 Professional x64. Does my serial apply if I install OEM version?
Yes, your product key will work. The retail boxed versions come with both the x86 and x64 install disks with one product key. You should be good to go.

Have fun... you'll love Windows 7 x64!

Ask a Question