Good News For A Change

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and discarded my 32bit installation for 64bit. Everything went smoothly and it seemed that the installation was quicker and so is the OS. So far no issues with my major programs such as Adobe Creative Suite CS3. It was definitely worth the time.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Glad all went well roban :cool:, Here we use 32 and 64-bit and a few other OSs in Virtual PC but I think Windows 7 out guns them all in both bit rates.

Reaction score
It's always nice to hear positive threads. :)

I'm glad things went smoothly for you roban.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Congrats roban! Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Glad it's all working out for you now with the x64 Windows 7!

Reaction score
We always hear about the problems. I thought it was time to post some successes.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
roban, I'm glad that your install went smooth for you. You're right, we do hear about many problems. I'm sure you will enjoy 64 bit Windows 7. One big advantage is that you can have several open programs and not crash, as frequently happens with 32 bit installs. Even with 2GB RAM, 32 bit OS's will crash. This desktop has never crashed on me, even when I had only 2GB RAM installed. My 32 bit laptop w/2GB crashed twice today. I had four open programs, and decided to erase some rewritable DVD's, the second one crashed it. So I started over, it crashed after trying to erase the first disc. I love to see how far I can push it. Perhaps it will crash permanently by October, it's still under warranty until then. That would be a success for me. Best wishes on your install, roban, you're now a member of the rapidly growing 64 bit family.

Reaction score
catilley, I really begrudged that half a GB of my 4GB's that wasn't showing under 32bit. Now I feel I am getting my RAM's worth under 64bit. Let us know if you succeed in your 'crash'.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
catilley, I really begrudged that half a GB of my 4GB's that wasn't showing under 32bit. Now I feel I am getting my RAM's worth under 64bit. Let us know if you succeed in your 'crash'.
Plus you have a wider bus to work with now and x64 Windows is more secure than the x86 version. Enjoy Windows 7 x64! :cool:

Ask a Question