GeForce / ION Driver Release 190 WHQL

Reaction score
GeForce/ION Driver Release 190 WHQL

Version:190.38
Release Date:July 21, 2009
Operating System:Windows 7 or Windows Vista (32 or 64-bit)

This is a WHQL-Certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION GPUs.

New in Release 190.38
  • Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
  • Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
  • Adds a new user-controlled power management setting for select GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (cards must already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
  • Includes several new control panel features and numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.
  • Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
Existing Support:

• Supports Microsoft’s new DirectX Compute API on Windows 7.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL,including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
  • Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0428.
  • Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here.
  • Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
  • Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
Win 7 release notes http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/190.38/190.38_Win7_GeForce_Release_Notes.pdf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, these launched in beta status last week, and I have had nothing but trouble with them. I dumped them and returned to 186.18.

Reaction score
Yeah, these launched in beta status last week, and I have had nothing but trouble with them. I dumped them and returned to 186.18.
Are you still using 7068? If so, I honestly think the time has come for an upgrade to a newer version. So many things have been fixed since 7068, maybe this issue with the new Nvidia drivers due to 7068 and not the drivers themselves.

I've installed the new Nvidia drivers, and other than it installing the Stereoscopic 3D drivers when my card doesn't support it, I've no issues so far. Actually, the Digital Vibrance setting wasn't working for me until this version of the driver. Now I get the acid trip effect again when I crank up the slider.

Reaction score
No, I just frequent many, many forums and it's easy to forget what ones I have and have not changed every time I update builds (I performed a full format for and installed every build 7000 and up).

However, this 190.x issue occurred on builds 7264, 7600.16384, 7600.16385 (WZOR) and 7600.16385 (Genuine RTM). I'm sure it's a hardware-specific issue being triggered by my combination of components, but I'm not butthurt about it as there are no performance improvements offered by 190.

Ask a Question