Gadgets on the screen, How to get rid of ....?

Reaction score
Hi:
Everytime Windows 7 started, Gadgets at the bottom popping up even though I click 'X' to not show it.

How to get rid of this, annoying popping up at the top of the task bar of Windows 7?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Right-click on an empty area on the taskbar and select Properties. Then click on the Customize button in the Notification Area portion of the window that pops up. If "Always show all icons" is checked, you can uncheck it, and then proceed to set individual settings for different programs/icons. You should be able to find the application you are referring to there.

My knowledge regarding Windows' Gadgets service itself is limited, as I keep them disabled/uninstalled.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Like Core, I too completely removed Gadgets.

If that is what you want then you can go to Control Panel \ Programs and Features and select Turn Windows Features On and Off. Unselect Windows Gadget Platform (7th item from the bottom in my list) and click OK.

Reaction score
If your windows user account has administrator privileges, right-click on desktop > view > uncheck gadgets.

Ask a Question