SOLVED FireFox 7 released

Reaction score
Firefox 7 is out, One change you may want to make is FF 7 does not show the full URL here is the Fix
How to get full url’s back.

1. In Firefox's URL bar, type in: about:config and agree to the pop-up message (don’t worry about a “guarantee”).
2. Search for: browser.urlbar.trimURLs by just scrolling down the long list.
3. Double-click or right-click and select "toggle" to change the value to “false”.

Here are the changes
Mozilla has released a new version of the open source Firefox Web browser. The update brings a much slimmer memory footprint courtesy of Mozilla's MemShrink project. The new release also includes some improvements to hardware-accelerated rendering on Windows, support for the W3C navigation timing specification, and an opt-in system for collecting performance data.

Firefox has historically been a very memory-intensive browser, but Mozilla has pursued several successful campaigns over the years to keep the RAM gluttony in check. One of the most noteworthy memory reduction crusades in Firefox's history took place during the 3.0 development cycle. The impressive result was that Firefox 3.0 scored better than any other mainstream browser at the time in memory-consumption benchmarks. Mozilla has recently renewed its focus on memory reduction with an aggressive optimization project called MemShrink.

According to some statistics published in the Mozilla Hacks blog, the MemShrink effort and other improvements have led to a 20 to 50 percent reduction in overall memory consumption under certain conditions. The improvement is absolutely noticeable during intensive browsing on my old Mac Pro, which only has 5GB of RAM. The result is considerably less swapping and modestly better performance under heavy load.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is where firefox really steps in as my favorite browser. They really worked on their browsers speed and performance from the previous versions like Firefox 5 which used to freeze all the time for me. I've tried v7, v8, and v9 even though 8 and 9 are still beta/alpha versions. And all my plugins work because i've modified them to work with those versions.

Ask a Question