Firefox 15 has gotten so slow. Why?!

Reaction score
I am a fan of FF because it has the features that I need. However, I need to be able to download and upload files on a regular basis because I do graphic design and send and receive images from clients. The problem is that sometimes, even when the files aren't that big, they take too long and I end up waiting and waiting until I get an error "Connection was reset". I've tried it with Chrome and it works but I like FF better. Is there a way, software or tweak that I need to concentrate on in order to get my browser back in shape? Thanks in advance!:eek:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You could try removing and reinstalling it; if you get Firefox Sync set up you won't lose add-ons, bookmarks, or settings.

You should probably also run a scan for viruses and malware, as those tend to be the number one culprit in connection slowdown issues.

Reaction score
Yeah FF is getting flaky on me. I've tried Google chrome and IE and the austerity of Google and the busyness of IE both turn me off, but a lot of it is having to learn something new. This old duck doesn't learn very well any more; still on information over load.

So, where do I go from here? Uninstall and reinstall as mentioned above? Bite the bullet and learn a new browser? This damned machine drives me nuts every day. I'm looking for something dependable that I can stick with.

Actually Windows 8 looks attractive but I can never seem to navigate worth a damn on MS site.

Ask a Question