Files Not Appearing In Dialogs

Reaction score
I have a Windows 7 machine that does not display any files when I open the Save As dialog from multiple applications. There are files in the folder, but they do not appear in the Save As dialog box. These are .pdf files, nothing fancy. This is happening in MS Access and also in other applications.

Also, when I click on the Start button, the list of commonly used programs does not appear. I have to manually click on All Programs to see any programs - very irritating.

I have the following Windows settings
Don't show hidden files = ON
Hide Empty drives = ON
Hide extensions for known files = OFF
Does anyone know of a Windows setting that would cause this?

Joe

Reaction score
quote.....
Also, when I click on the Start button, the list of commonly used programs does not appear. I have to manually click on All Programs to see any programs - very irritating.

Do you use CCleaner regularly?
Did you run CCleaner recently?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Most applications limit the files shown to the filetype you are saving, so for instance in Word the default is .docx so folders and docx files are all you see unless you change the filetype.
SaveAs.jpg
Are you sure this is not your situation? If not, then could you post a screenshot of your "Save As" box.

Ask a Question