External HDD

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I need ur help and advise:

I have external HDD with 1TB (Transcend) and i want to create windows back ups on it and after when i needed to restore them to PC. In my job there is about 80 PC.

Also to have all basic programs on it after restore run them.

also is possible install windows by it without CD. Carring it is more comfortable and useful than to carry a cd's. i would like to have all version of installation windows on it when needed i will be able to boot pc from and install a windows which i will want.

how to do something like that can u help me about that?

thanks in advanced.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I would separate the Windows installer onto its own USB flash drive. You can slipstream it to include software pre-installations, I believe. I've never slipstreamed Windows USBs or CDs so I can't advise you on the specifics. I have a Windows 7 installation USB which also carries copies of installation files for my most commonly used programs and it has been enough for me.

Backing up 80 computers on one external hard drive seems risky though. If it fails...you lost 80 backups.

Ask a Question