Extending Desktop Slide Show

Reaction score
Hi

I'd like to be able to combine the slide shows from a couple of Microsoft-supplied built-in Themes. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how is it done?

Richard Williams

Reaction score
Change to all the Windows Themes and take a Snapshot of each theme. Once finished use all the snapshots in a slideshow.

I don't think there is a way to get windows to change themes on it own. If there is a way I have not heard of it.

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't quite fit what I'm after. The themes and slideshows I'm referring to are the themes that have a series of desktop backgrounds that are rotated at regular intervals. One theme may have, say, 5 backgrounds and another may have 6. What I'd like to do is to combine these together to make a theme with 11 backgrounds or whatever. The config file behind these themes has blocks called slideshow, but all the entries are encoded. I haven't been able to track down the actual files of the slideshow images - if this was possible I could create my own theme. Is this just one of those 'locked' features in the RC version that will be more usable in the final version?

Ask a Question