Not sure about partition extending

Reaction score
My Toshiba laptop has 2 partitions. The C partition is 232 GB (53.3 GB used, 179 GB free) and the D partition is 232 GB (160 GB used, 72 GB free).

I would like to reduce the C partition in order to create free space that will allow me to use spare GB's to extend the D partition but I'm not sure that this will work as won't it just create a new partition and not allow me to add free space to the D partition?

Any ideas how to resolve this? I'd rather not install the os again or shrink Windows 7 so much that there are errors (maybe that was just with XP).

Many thanks for any suggestions.

N.B. All my data is on the D partition.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Even if you free up some C: you won't be able to absorb it into D: with normal Windows tools. I suggest you try Freeware Partition Wizard Home.

NOTE: I've not installed this because I have paid software so a warning, as with all freeware, watch the installer and use the advanced choices to avoid things such as toolbars or additional software that they may offer to include.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded Partition Wizard Home and will give it a try when the time is right.

Ask a Question