EXPLORER crash

Reaction score
I am using windows 7 32-bit OS, and my explorer.exe stops working after i click on any local disc in a computer window!! please help... what should i do??????

Reaction score
Here's how you can address your issue:

1. Download and install ShellExView on your computer. Disable all the non MSFT content one by one and check if the problem is resolved. If disabling non MSFT services didn't helps, proceed to next step.
2. Perform sfc /scannow on problem or all the partitions. This will check the partitions for its integrity and replaces damaged or corrupt system files. For more details, you can have a look here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Again, if both the above options failed to address the issue, proceed to next step.

3 Create a new Windows system profile and delete the old one. Make sure that you've successfully copied all your data from old Windows profile. .

Hope these solutions will efficiently address the issue.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I would probably suggest that you scan your computer for viruses as well.
Is your Antivirus up to date?

Or download an offline version of Microsofts Antivirus. It will create a CD / DVD or a bootable USB drive with Windows Antivirus on it.

Ask a Question