Error when trying to install Windows 7

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just downloaded the ISO from Microsoft and burnt it to a DVD (obviously :)).
This is what happens:
I get through the intial setup stage of allocating a HDD etc. but when it starts to install (at 2% of the Expanding Files stage to be more precise) i get the following error:

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570"

I thought maybe it was just a bad burn so i burnt another disc at a slower write speed and also tested the original ISO by mounting it to run on Virtual Box and the same error came up on both occassions.

I don't want to have to download it again so,
Is there anything else I can try?
Or did i just get a dodgy download?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It does sound like a corrupt download - my very first download was too. The only way around it is to re-download unfortunately. :(

Reaction score
error loading

I had the same problem. Downloaded and created the DVD twice, but still had the error. Solved it by changing my DVD drive for another one I had spare and Windows 7 installed no problems.

Reaction score
I downloaded it directly from Microsoft.
I guess I'll just re-download it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

UPDATE:
Problem solved, I got a mate to download it from Technet :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, had same problem did md5 hash check and it did not match(downloaded original from msft beta page). In South Africa Bandwidth expensive and slow. So what i did was i used u torrent and copied the image file utorrent download folder( default @ users/downloads). then searched for win 7 using a bit torrent website with matching name as my dl from msft and downloaded the file. The application then did a hash check and all i had to download was 5 megabytes. Now hash match and i have successfully installed win 7.

Ask a Question